Inventus Power was thrilled to participate in the inaugural Future of Electrification conference that took place during April 5-7, 2022 presented by our partner Delta-Q Technologies and ZAPI GROUP. Tom Nguyen and William Tenorio were featured speakers who presented on the topic, "Optimizing powertrain efficiency with lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery technology" on April 7th.
This virtual event was aimed to facilitate connections and collaboration, and advance the worldwide electrification effort through discussions, technical presentations and networking events. The content was a blend of pre-recorded and live presentations, Q&A sessions, panel discussions and casual networking activities.
Inventus Power participated along these fellow presenters:
- Keynote address by Saul Griffith, engineer, inventor, entrepreneur and author of “Electrify - An Optimist’s Playbook for our Clean Energy Future.”
- Jonathan Dawley, President & CEO of KION North America Corporation
- Matt Zaremba, Director, Product Strategy, TSV (EZGO)
- Christer Thorén, Project Manager, Scale up E-Mobility Solutions, Scania CV AB
There was no cost to attend this event, but registration is required through the Accelevents virtual events platform:
FEATURED PRESENTATION Recording Now Available!
Title: Optimizing powertrain efficiency with lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery technology
Speakers: Tom Nguyen, Vice President of Business Development and William Tenorio, Senior Director of Advanced Battery Systems Engineering
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2022
Time: 12:00 - 1:00pm CDT
This presentation highlights critical factors to consider when transitioning vehicles from conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) to electric powertrain utilizing Li-ion battery technology.
Topics covered include:
- Energy consumption based on powertrain types
- Li-ion battery behavior under various drive cycles
- Managing energy efficiency with regenerative braking
- Battery pack sizing to maximize range & performance
- Ensuring safe operation during an electric powertrain malfunction