Batteries have become a staple part of human life. Just about anywhere you go, batteries are being used to power devices from cell phones to cars. Despite the proliferation of batteries in our daily lives, many may not know the science behind what makes batteries work or why Lithium-ion (Li-ion) is a preferred choice for so many battery-powered applications.
At Inventus Power, we pride ourselves on 60 years of battery industry experience and have gained unparalleled expertise in the design and manufacture of custom and standard Li-ion battery packs. We are excited to launch our new Li-ion Battery 101 Blog Series which will provide a high-level overview of everything you need to know regarding rechargeable batteries and the benefits of Lithium-ion.
Topics will include:
- What is a Li-ion Battery?
- Li-ion vs. Other Chemistries
- Li-ion Cell Types
- What’s the Right Li-ion Cell for my Device?
- The Construction of the Li-ion Battery Pack
- Battery Power vs. Energy - Connecting Cells in Parallel or Series
- Keeping Li-ion Batteries Safe
- What is a Battery Management System (BMS)?
- Li-ion Battery Regulations
This series is written by our team of highly experienced engineers for expert insight into the battery industry. By the time you have finished reading the entire series, you will have learned the basics of batteries, how to choose the right battery for your application, battery safety, and so much more. Subscribe to our blog for more blogs like Li-ion Battery 101, as well as all the latest Inventus Power content and news.